1. Who does this Policy apply to?
This Policy applies to any person who accesses or uses the Services, who submits an unsolicited application on our Website or who communicates or interacts with us in any other way, regardless of the means used.
By accessing or using the Services or providing us with your personal information, you consent to its collection, use, disclosure, and retention in accordance with this Policy. In some cases, your consent may be implied, meaning your authorization is presumed based on your action or inaction at the time your personal information is collected. If you do not agree with this Policy, please refrain from using our Services. The collection of personal information in accordance with this Policy may be required for the Agence to provide you with the Services you have requested; therefore, the Agence may not be able to offer you these Services if you decide not to disclose your personal information to the Agence.
2. Collection of personal information
The expression “personal information” means any information which concerns a natural person and allows, separately or combined with other information, to identify that person. This may include, for example, your name, contact details and email address, credit card information, telephone number and transaction history. Information which is made anonymous, and which cannot be associated with a natural person is not considered personal information if it is at all times reasonable to foresee, given the circumstances, that such information no longer allows, in an irreversible manner, to identify the person, whether directly or indirectly.
We collect personal information that you provide directly to us in the following situations:
- When you create and use an account on our mobile application, we collect your full name, your telephone number, your email address, your payment data as well as your transaction data which is stored in a personalized format;
- When you fill out a form to obtain a permit to use an off-street parking space;
- When you send us a request for information relating to any product, service or activity of the Agence or when you file a complaint or reply to any survey that we may send to you from time to time, we collect your name and your contact details;
- When you apply for a job with us, we collect your name and other information contained in your application; and
We also collect certain technical data when you use our Services, including your browsing history, your device’s IP address, browser type, search engine used and, for certain Services, your transaction history and geographic location. We consider this data to be personal information when it allows you to be identified.
3. Use of personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law:
- To offer Services and process payment transactions related to the Services;
- To respond and follow up on requests regarding our Services, questions or comments you send to us;
- To personalize and improve your experience with respect to our Services, in particular by developing new features and components;
- To communicate with you to inform you of new products and services or to invite you to participate in surveys and market research;
- To manage promotions and contests;
- To assess your application when you apply for a job with us; and
- To prevent and detect fraud and improve our security measures.
You can unsubscribe from our commercial electronic messages at any time by following the process described in the message you received or by contacting our customer service. You may have to specify which email address must be unsubscribed. In all cases, we undertake to process your request to unsubscribe within a maximum of 10 business days.
You may also withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information by the Agence for certain purposes, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. To do this, please contact us at the address indicated at the end of the Policy.
4. Communication of personal information
We do not share your personal information with third parties except in the following limited circumstances or otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law:
- We may share certain personal information with service providers, consultants and other subcontractors who assist the Agence in carrying out mandates. These third parties include messaging services (postal and electronic), payment processing, mobile applications, market research, business intelligence and data hosting providers.
- We may share your personal information to public or government agencies that are authorized by law to obtain this information, or when the Agence has reasonable grounds to believe that this information may be useful in the context of an investigation relating to illegal activity, or to comply with a subpoena, arrest warrant or order from a court, person or Agence of competent jurisdiction requiring the production of information, or to comply with the rules of a court regarding the production of records or information, or to protect the rights and property of the Agence.
- We may share your personal information when necessary for the purposes of evaluating or entering into a business transaction, including the sale or transfer of assets, merger, restructuring, dissolution or similar transaction, with the other party to the transaction in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
We try to ensure the storage of your personal information in Quebec or, when this is not possible, in Canada. However, information transferred, stored, accessed or used by our service providers may be located outside of Canada (particularly in Europe and the United States) and may therefore be subject to the laws of these countries, including any law allowing government authorities to access it. Before disclosing any personal information to a third party, we require, through contract, that such third party take the necessary measures to reasonably protect the information, in accordance with our personal information protection practices detailed below.
5. Cookies and similar technologies
6. Retention of personal information
We strive to ensure that the personal information we hold remains reliable, accurate, complete, and up-to-date and to protect the confidentiality and security of our databases. We retain your personal information only for the period reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes identified in this Policy or any other purposes mentioned during collection, or as permitted or required by applicable law. Personal information that is no longer necessary for the stated purposes is destroyed or anonymized in accordance with applicable law, so that it can no longer identify you, directly or indirectly.
Only our employees, and where applicable those of our suppliers, who need access to your personal information in the course of their duties, may have access to your personal information. We ensure that those who need access to your personal information have been trained to handle that information appropriately and in accordance with our security protocols and strict confidentiality standards. We are committed to using commercially reasonable efforts to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, modification or destruction of your personal information.
7. Personal information protection measures
The Agence has adopted governance rules regarding personal information that ensure the protection of this information throughout its lifecycle. Depending on the volume and sensitivity of the information, the purposes for which it is used and the format in which it is retained, we implement a combination of measures to protect your personal information, including:
- The establishment of a committee on access to information and privacy and the designation of a privacy officer who ensures that the Agence complies with applicable laws regarding the protection of personal information;
- Internal policies and procedures that define the roles and responsibilities of our employees throughout the information lifecycle and ensure that only employees who need to see your information in the context of their duties have access to it;
- Training and awareness activities for our employees regarding the protection of personal information and information security;
- High level security measures to protect the personal information we hold against loss or unauthorized use, including through network address translation, compliance with card industry data security standards (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)) and password protection.
- A process for processing complaints and requests from individuals regarding the processing of personal information by the Agence;
- Specific protection measures when personal information is collected or used in surveys;
- A process by which we strive to protect personal information disclosed or retained by third parties under contractual agreements by requiring those third parties to adhere to privacy protection and security methods, and implement mechanisms which are, at the very least, equivalent to those we use. For example, we generally require our service providers to limit their use and retention of personal information to what is necessary to provide their services and to notify us in the event of a violation or attempted violation of any obligation relating to the confidentiality of information communicated. We also try to monitor and verify their compliance with these requirements in various ways.
8. Access to personal information and rectification
You can request access to your personal information and its rectification, modification or deletion. You can also obtain more information about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information, subject to the limits prescribed by law. Please write to our Privacy Officer at the address below to make a request.
When we receive your written request, we will disclose to you the personal information we hold about you unless legal restrictions apply. We will also rectify, modify and delete any personal information when it is inaccurate, incomplete or ambiguous or if its collection, communication or retention is not authorized by law and will notify any third party of the necessary modifications, unless these statutory exceptions do not apply.
9. Hyperlinks to other services
Please note that this Policy does not cover personal information collected by the device (or its manufacturer) on which you installed the service.
This Policy is accessible especially through the Services. We may make changes or additions to this Policy at any time and we therefore encourage you to review it periodically. If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you by changing the effective date above. If the changes we make are material, you will receive a notice in accordance with applicable laws.
11. Contact us
You can contact our Privacy Officer to exercise your rights and to tell us about your concerns, questions or comments regarding our personal information processing practices at:
In the event of inconsistency, the French version of this policy shall take precedence over any other version.
Version history: August 31, 2023, June 26, 2020, October 4, 2019